The Care Information Exchange is for anyone living in north-west London who wants to have more information about their own health and care.

The Care Information Exchange is for me, my GP, my family and my hospital

The Care Information Exchange is designed for patients and service users in north-west London and their health and care professionals.

Patients and service users

Click on the button to register for the Care Information Exchange

You can create an NHS login and register for the Care Information Exchange now if you are treated at any of the hospitals in these North West London NHS trusts: Chelsea and Westminster, The Hillingdon Hospitals, Imperial College Healthcare and London North West University Healthcare. The Care Information service is powered by Patients Know Best.

NHS Login is a national service for you to securely access digital health and care services with one username and password. To get an NHS login, you will need an email address, a mobile phone number and a way to prove your identity – such as a passport, a driving licence, or a European identity card.

You can also use the NHS app to access your Care Information Exchange record if your GP practice is in a North West London or North East London borough. 

Viewing your information

If you have an account, you will be able to log in to the Care Information Exchange using your username and password from any computer, tablet or smartphone with internet access.

You and your health and care professionals can enter information into the care information exchange, and data may be entered from the IT systems used in GP practices, hospitals and other health and care organisations.

When you set up your account you will be shown how to control who sees your information. Health and care professionals involved in your care will only see your information if you invite them to share your record. The only exception to this is an emergency or life-threatening situation when a health or care professional may decide they must consult your record. In this case there will be a computer record of who accessed your information and why. 

Health and care professionals

Clinicians at North West London acute trusts can sign up for professional access to the Care Information Exchange. See your intranet site for more information. 

GPs and other health and care professionals in north-west London can request access by emailing the Care Information Exchange service desk. If you are interested in using the Care Information Exchange you can also complete our contact form.